Sunday, August 17, 2008

Items I must have as soon as I get paid (on 9/15)

Even though I've already been teaching a whole week (and doing professional development before then), the school district, in its wisdom, has decided t0 make me wait until September 15th to get paid. Of course I've fetishized that moment to the point that it's almost unrecognizable. On that glorious day, the following things will be mine. This is an ongoing list.

1. All Six Feet Under DVDs
2. Curtains

Also, since everyone else is making a food blog and eating is more or less my favorite thing in the world, I would recommend these blueberry pancakes as a Sunday morning breakfast. Last week I made a few extra (well, a lot extra before Sophie and Alexis ate some) so that I could heat some up Monday morning when I got up at 5 to make it a little less painful. Dessert makes my life, but I'm actually okay with the fact that these are a little less sweet—it really brings out the flavor of fresh blueberries and goes well with maple syrup. If that's not your thing, you could add a teaspoon more of sugar.

No comments: